Monday, December 30, 2013

Rattled

I am my own person. I make my own decisions. The keyword is "I". Me, myself and I. I am independent and i will continue to be. It is my decision on who i want to date. Where i want to live. What i want to major in. Where i want to go. If people are going to try to tell me how to live my life, it is only going to backfire in their faces. I understand that everyone has a right to their own opinion but enough is enough. There is such thing as "crossing the line". If you are scared that i'm going to make the same mistakes you made or you don't want to see me leave and be far away from you then honestly just shut the hell up. Your words and your opinions that you constantly shove down my throat, are only gonna make me want to move farther and farther away. By you basically saying that i'm "being stupid" or that my dreams are too unrealistic, is only going to make me work harder at them. I want to prove you wrong. I will prove you wrong. I control my life. You helped me when i needed help and when i wasn't capable to do things on my own but enough is enough. I can't call you up when im 21 and ask you to drive me to the mall because the roads are icy. So let me learn now. When i meet "the guy" and he asks me to marry him and i say yes i'm not going to run home and ask you if it's okay. In order for me to become the woman you always say you want me to be i need to learn things by myself. I need to make mistakes. Sometimes i need to make huge mistakes and messy ones just so i know what doesn't work and what does. And you just need to let me. You need to just be on standby with a box of tissues or cartons of icecream. You need to start believing in me so that i don't feel completely on my own here. I do believe in myself and i always will. That will never change. But if you want to be apart of my life in a couple years then seriously start listening to me. Actually listening. Take in everything im saying and put yourself in my shoes. Sure, you might be right that you know better than me because you were 17 once but you got to live it and learn it so now i need to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment